This year’s S Series is officially named Samsung S20 to follow the S10 of last year. we’ll have 3 Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 + and Galaxy S20 Ultra with screen, camera and configuration and a few other features also ranked in ascending order. All versions have a 5G option.
The selfie camera is in the middle
Regarding the planning of all three S20s, the screen is more spilled on all four sides, especially the upper edge is greatly thinned than the previous S10.
The screen uses a mole design within the middle of the device almost like the Note10 and therefore the company calls this Infinity-O. The moles on the S20 are smaller than the Note10, also more balanced than being too big and misaligned just like the S10
Regarding the general design, we’ll have 2 aluminum glass materials which are commonly used on high-end machines. Of course, consistent with the increasing screen size, the S20, S20 + and S20 Ultra also will increase in overall size, and therefore the weight are going to be similar with 163, 186 and up to 220 grams, respectively.
The features, all physical keys such as screen on / off or volume up are placed to the same side of the machine, separate Bixby button has been removed as Note10. There will still be a USB-C port, speaker assembly and no 3.5mm at the bottom edge, unlike the previous generation S10.
- Galaxy S20: (Cosmic Grey), (Cloud Blue), (Cloud Pink)
- Galaxy S20+: (Cosmic Grey), (Cloud Blue), (Cosmic Black)
- Galaxy S20 Ultra: (Cosmic Grey), (Cosmic Black)
S20 Ultra 108MP main camera
Galaxy S20 this year, Samsung continues to use a robust upgrade strategy on the camera of the three devices.
With the camera cluster set into an oblong cluster on the left corner of the device, thereon may be a normal 12MP wide-angle camera, a 12MP ultra wide-angle camera and a 64MP telephoto camera, supports 3X optical zoom, SpaceZoom and a feature that Samsung calls may be a 30X ultra high resolution zoom.
For the S20 +, the camera cluster is additionally square but features a slightly larger size thanks to the addition of a DepthVision depth sensor to support the depth of field, AR, etc.
Single Take feature can capture photos and videos and a spread of features like removing fonts, cropping, super wide angle besides the power to suggest suitable moments because of AI.
Notably, a particularly large camera cluster on the S20 Ultra with much higher parameters than the opposite two devices.
In turn, we’ll have a 12MP ultra wide-angle camera, wide-angle camera (main) 108MP resolution, depth sensor and particularly telephoto camera separated from the remainder of the components with 48MP resolution Submarine periscope-type design, supports optical zoom up to 10X.
On the opposite hand, with the mixture of high resolution sensor and 10X optical zoom camera, the S20 Ultra also supports what Samsung calls a 100X zoom with super high resolution.
screen size: 6.2 inches; 6.7 inches and 6.9 inches
- The most drastic changes compared to last year’s S10 series are the screen, in terms of the general design and screen specifications.
- S20, S20 + and S20 Ultra will have dimensions of 6.2 inches, 6.7 inches and 6.9 inches, all resolutions are QuadHD +, using Dynamic AMOLED 2X panels, HDR10 + standards all use screens with a refresh rate of 120Hz, Worthwhile upgrade for smoother movie experience not just for gaming but also for normal use.
- All 3 devices use an equivalent resolution therefore the pixel density accordingly are going to be 563ppi, 525ppi and eventually 511 ppi for S20, S20 + and S20 Ultra.
SoC Exynos 990, RAM LPDDR5 up to 16 GB
Samsung equips the new Exynos 990 platform 64 bit Octacore with 2.7GHz + 2.5Ghz + 2Ghz clock layout (or Snapdragon 865 with 2.8Ghz + 2.4Ghz + 1.8Ghz CPUs), developed on 7nm process, depending on market Configuration versions will also be different
- Galaxy S20: 8 GB RAM | 128 GB memory
- Galaxy S20 5G: 12 GB RAM | 128 GB memory
- Galaxy S20 +: 8 GB RAM | 128 GB memory
- Galaxy S20 + 5G: 12 GB RAM | Memory 128 GB / 256 GB / 512 GB
- Galaxy S20 Ultra (5G / LTE): 12 GB RAM | 128/256 GB memory, 16 GB RAM | 512 GB memory
- Ultrasonic fingerprint for all 3 machines
- unlock by face
- IP68 water and dust proof
- The battery capacity, S20, S20 + and S20 Ultra will be 4,000, 4,500 and 5,000 mAh, respectively, larger than last year’s S10 series.
- In addition to the standard 25W charger for S20 and S20 +, the preferred S20 Ultra version comes with 45W PPS technology
More compatible 5G network
Galaxy S20 + and Galaxy S20 Ultra versions that support 5G networks will take advantage of the sub-6 and mmWave network standards. With device and network provider synchronization, users can experience video calling through the Google Duo application with Full HD resolution.
120Hz screen will help users enjoy smooth gaming experience through 5G connection. Microsoft will launch Forza Street on the Galaxy Store earlier this year. This is also the first time this game has appeared on mobile platforms.
With 4G network, Galaxy S20 is compatible with LTE Cat.20 standard with 2 Gbps / 150 Mbps download and upload speeds with 4×4 MIMO antenna design.
Price and distribution date
Galaxy S20 begins to be ordered in the US on February 21, officially shipping on March 6, 2020.
Starting price of each version
- Galaxy S20: 999 USD
- Galaxy S20 +: $ 1,199
- Galaxy S20 Ultra: $ 1,399