Valve has announced that the Steam Link application allows users to stream their favorite games directly from smartphones to smartphones and TVs that are currently available on the AppStore. Steam users are using devices using iOS platform (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV) to download Steam Link completely free on the AppStore.
This was a surprise when 11 months ago, Apple refused this Steam Link application because it violated some Apple guidelines. At that time, Apple said it planned to continue contacting and reviewing Valve to bring Steam Link to iOS and Apple TV, so after nearly a year, that happened.
The Steam Link application promises to allow users to stream Steam platform games directly on their PC to their iPhone, iPad or Apple TV devices. Users can pair with Steam’s gaming handle or any controller with MFI (Made-for-iPhone / iPad) certification to play games on iPhone, iPad or Apple TV devices. However, users will need to connect their PC to iPhone, iPad or Apple TV on the same home internet network (Wi-Fi, Ethernet).
Interested readers to play PC games right on devices iPhone, iPad or Apple TV can download Steam Link on the Appore via the link that Techrum shares below:
- Steam Link on AppStore
- With Android (launched last year), you can access this link; https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.valvesoftware.steamlink&hl=en
- iPhone or iPad using iOS 10 and above
- Computer running Steam – Windows, Mac or Linux
- IOS devices must be on the same home network (Wi-Fi, Ethernet) with a Steam computer
- Connect your computer with Ethernet
- Connect your iOS device to WiFi 5GHz WiFi network
- Keep your iOS device within reasonable range of WiFi networks