What is Airdrop?
This is an exclusive function developed and set up by Apple for its devices.
Includes iPhone, iPad and Macbook. This feature is responsible for transferring content and data between Apple devices quickly.
Users can through Airdrop to share images, audio, video, … for each other to see.
All information and content transferred from AirDrop is encrypted, multi-layer security.
Therefore, users can feel secure when sending photos, videos, contacts, websites, etc. to each other.
To send information quickly, please connect to the Internet, WiFi is strong and stable.
Operational characteristics of AirDrop
Users need to open AirDrop then connect the devices together.
Through Bluetooth Low Energy users can determine exactly who they will send information to.
After successfully connecting AirDrop 2 devices, users can perform the data transfer step.
This step will use the proprietary Apple Wireless Direct protocol.
The devices will connect directly to each other, without the need for an intermediate router. Without the Internet, you can still use AirDrop, but not as fast.
This is the advantage that makes AirDrop transfer large files much more user-friendly
On which devices is AirDrop available?
Not all devices have the Airdrop feature. This is an exclusive feature available in Apple electronics.
Therefore, AirDrop is only available on the following devices:
- iPhone models from iPhone 5 onwards
- iPad series from iPad mini and iPad 4 onwards
- iPod Touch 5th generation onwards
- iMac, MacBook (depending on hardware and operating system being used)
How to use AirDrop on iPhone and Android
How to use AirDrop on iPhone
- Step 1: Turn on AirDrop on both iPhone devices
- Step 2: Select the content and data you want to share
- Step 3: Click on the name of the AirDrop you want to send information and data to
- Step 4: The iPhone device receiving the information will receive a notification
- Step 5: Click “Accept” and you’re done
How to use AirDrop on Android
AirDrop is an exclusive feature only available on Apple electronic devices (iPhone, iPad and Macbook). If you love this feature, please refer to the tips applied to Android smartphones:
- Step 1: Download the support software “KDE Connect” at CH Play
- Step 2: Wait for the device to successfully set up the software
- Step 3: Open KDE Connect for both Android devices (both connected to the same WiFi network)
- Step 4: Scan the device you want to connect
- Step 5: Select “REQUEST PAIRING” > Click “Accept” the appropriate device name
- Step 6: Proceed to transfer content and data like AirDrop of iPhone
Notes when using AirDrop
Users need to activate the Internet, WiFi and Bluetooth at 2 electronic devices (send, receive)
Both electronic devices (sending, receiving) must be kept close together, within a few meters
FAQ about AirDrop
Where will the data and information sent by AirDrop be stored?
Photos and videos are saved in the Camera Roll section, and the contacts are saved in the phonebook.
For Apple Macbook devices, the data sent by Airdrop is automatically saved in the “Downloads” section.
What if I find and turn on AirDrop but can’t connect?
To fix this error when using AirDrop, you need to fix it yourself with the following steps:
- Step 1: Turn off AirDrop
- Step 2: Turn WiFi, Internet and Bluetooth connections back on
- Step 3: Turn off Instant Hotspot mode (connection between WiFi and Bluetooth)
- Step 4: Switch to Everyone mode to avoid mistaken connection
Is it possible to share AirDrop with an Android smartphone?
NO, AirDrop is exclusive to Apple devices. If you like this feature, please apply the tips we guide above