- Apple will announce the iPhone 2022 lineup next week, and the rumors are flaring up like never before.
- One of the latest rumors is about the “i”-shaped front camera design of the iPhone 14 Pro versions.
- According to an unnamed source who shared with MacRumors, the pill-shaped cutout and the regular circular cutout will not appear separate from each other.
- that the user will see them as a single image since the pixels between the two parts will be turned off.
- The rumor is said to have originated from Foxconn employees who were involved in the production of iPhone 14 Pro
- A similar information was released by Apple news site 9to5Mac shortly after,
- along with the statement that the area between the cuts will also be used to display Apple’s privacy notice dots, a feature that’s already in iOS 14.
- It will indicate when the microphone or camera is being used by an app on the device. This can free up the corners of the screen for Apple to include more notification icons.
- According to 9to5Mac’s sources, the camera app is also expected to get a new layout with some control icons moved to the top of the screen.
Specifically, the flash and Live Photo button will be right above the status bar with other settings placed just below the crop.
- For some tasks like viewing videos or images, this disabled pixel may show up as normal again.
This is seen as a solution to avoid having up to two cropping areas on the screen that distracts the user