Apple has officially launched iOS 15 version with a lot of changes and new features to improve the user experience.
It focuses on features that help you connect with others, be more present in the moment, explore the world, and use your intelligence to do more with your iPhone.
MESSAGES AND MEMOJI:
- Links, images, and other content shared with you in Messages are now featured in the Shared with new friends section of the respective app. You can even reply right from the app you’re using without going back to Messages.
- Shared with you in apps: ‘Shared with You’ is built into Photos, Safari, Apple News, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and the Apple TV app.
- New Memoji: You can now dress up your Memoji and express yourself with new stickers. Show off your look and style with colorful headwear. And accessibility customizations now include cochlear implants, oxygen tubes, and soft helmets.
- Photo gallery: Many photos in Messages now appear as a collage or an elegant stack of photos that you can swipe through. Tap to view them all as a grid, or add Quick Tapbacks and save them to your gallery with just a few taps.
- Introducing SharePlay: This feature keeps FaceTime conversations going as you watch TV shows, watch movies, listen to music, or share your screen. This is a whole new way to have experiences with family and friends, regardless of distance.
- Watch together: Stream movies and TV shows while on FaceTime calls with friends. With synchronized playback and controls, you’ll see everyone laughing, dancing, and reacting to the same moments at the same time. And the volume automatically adjusts, so you can keep talking while watching.
- Listen together: Gather together and listen to an album with friends. The whole team can see what’s coming next and add songs to the queue if they want to share with synchronized playback and easy-to-use controls.
- Share your screen: Share your screen with everyone on a FaceTime call. Browse lists, browse photo albums or plan your next vacation in a group and all can see and chat with each other.
- Spatial Audio: Individual voices sound like they’re coming from the direction each person is positioned on your screen, making conversation more natural.
- Tile view: Grid view shows the people in your FaceTime call in the same size tiles, so you can chat better with a large group. Speakers are automatically highlighted so you always know who is speaking.
- Portrait mode: Inspired by the Portrait mode in Camera, this new video effect focuses on you, not what’s behind you.
- Microphone mode: Voice Isolation minimizes background noise and puts your voice in the middle and center. When the music or sounds around you are as important as what you have to say, Wide Spectrum leaves ambient sound unfiltered.
- FaceTime Link: Now when you invite people to FaceTime, you can send friends and family a link to connect on FaceTime – even if they’re using Windows or Android. It’s still end-to-end encrypted, so your calls are just as private and secure as any other FaceTime call.
- Choose focus: Focus helps you stay in the moment you need to focus or walk. Choose Focus to allow only the notifications you want – you can get work done while you’re in the area or enjoy a free dinner. Choose from a list of suggested Spotlight options, or create your own.
- Signal your status: It’s easier to walk if others know you’re busy. So when you’re using Focus, your status is automatically displayed in Messages. And for really urgent messages, there’s still a way for people to notify you
- New driving features: Maps now provide drivers with incredible road details such as turn lanes, pedestrian paths, and bike lanes; Street level views as you approach complex intersections; and a new dedicated driving map that gives you a quick look at current incidents and traffic conditions.
- Walking Directions: Get where you’re going with step-by-step directions that you can view in augmented reality.
- New transit features: Public transit integration shows nearby stations and transit times, and lets you pin your favorite routes to the top
- Notification Summary: Quickly update a useful collection of your notifications delivered daily, based on the schedule you set. The summary is intelligently prioritized, with the most relevant messages at the top.
- New Tab Bar Design: Reimagined the way we browse today, the new tab bar maximizes your screen space and doesn’t get in the way as you scroll and explore. It’s easily accessible at the bottom, so you can navigate and switch between tabs with just your thumb.
- Tab groups: Save and organize your tabs the way that works best for you and switch back and forth with ease. Tab groups sync across devices so you have access to your tabs from anywhere.
- Extensions: You can now install Safari extensions on your iPhone. And just like on Mac, you can choose when extensions will go live.
- Live Text in Photos: Live Text intelligently unlocks rich and useful information in images, so you can make calls, email, or look up directions with a single tap of the text. version marked in the image.
- Live Text Translation: Live Text understands seven different languages: English, Chinese, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, and Spanish. And with system-wide translation, you can just tap and translate.
- Personal ID Card: Add your driver’s license or state ID to Wallet to use when you travel and, in the future, at retailers and locations.
- The key to your everyday: Now your iPhone can unlock your home, garage, hotel room, and even your workplace
VISUAL LOOK UP:
- Learn more in one tap: With Visual Look Up, you can quickly learn more about art, landmarks, nature, books, and pets just by tapping a photo on your device or on the web.
- App Privacy Report: See how apps are using the permissions you’ve granted them, which third-party domains they’re contacting with, 7 and how they’ve been communicating recently.
- Update email with more peace of mind.
- The sound of your Siri requests never leaves your device.
- Celebrate with a new look: Memories introduces a new interactive, immersive interface, along with new Memory mixes that let you personalize the look and feel of your story with a matching song and vibe.
- Tens of millions of songs in your Apple Music library are now available in Memories.
- Rich results and photo searches: Spotlight shows you more information quickly with rich new search results for artists, entertainers, TV shows and movies, and contacts your.
- And now you can search your photos in Spotlight and even search based on text in your photos using Live Text.
- Introducing iCloud+: Get everything you love about iCloud – and new features include iCloud Private Relay, Hide My Email, and expanded HomeKit Secure Video support.
- iCloud Private Relay: Browse the web with more privacy.
- Hide My Email: Instantly generate unique, random email addresses that forward to your personal inbox – so you don’t have to share your real email address when filling out web forms or sign up for the newsletter. Hide My Email is built into Mail, Safari and iCloud Settings
- Health app updates: Updates to the Health app give you new ways to share data with loved ones and your healthcare team, a metric for assessing risk falls and trend analysis to help you understand changes in your health.
OTHER RESPECTIVE CHANGES:
- Accessibility: Customize display settings and text size for each app. Bold or enlarge text, increase contrast, invert colors and more for just the apps you want. Explore people, objects, text, and tables in images in greater detail with VoiceOver. Navigate receipts and nutrition label values in a logical order. And move your finger across the photo to discover a person’s position relative to other objects in the photo.
- Weather: A brand new interface that includes graphical displays of weather data and beautifully redesigned live wallpapers – along with precipitation, air quality and temperature maps – make Weather become more attractive and powerful than ever.
- Notes: Productivity updates in Notes let you organize with tags and collaborate in new ways with mentions and Activity views.
- Find My: See where your family and friends are with continuous streaming updates. Locate your devices using the Find My network even if they are powered off or deleted.
- Apple ID: Account recovery contacts make it easier than ever to reset your password and maintain access to your account. And the new Digital Legacy program lets you designate people as Legacy Contacts so they can access your account in the event of your death.
- Siri: You can now ask Siri to share on-screen items like photos, web pages, news, and more. If the item cannot be shared, Siri will offer to send a screenshot.
- Translator: System-wide translation allows you to translate text anywhere on your device. Within the app, Auto-Translate and a face-to-face view improve the flow of conversation and make it easier to follow.
- Widgets: Enjoy all-new widgets to integrate Find Me, Game Center, App Store Today, Sleep, Mail, and Everyone with Family Sharing