Microsoft will release the official version of Edge Chromium for Windows 10 through Windows Update on January 15, 2020. However, if you do not want to use Edge Chromium, use Microsoft’s own Blocker Toolkit to block Edge Chromium installation. This toolkit contains scripts and other dependencies that help block / unlock distribution of Edge Chromium through Windows updates.
- Download Blocker Toolkit (Windows 64-bit)
- Run Blocker Toolkit
- The toolkit requires selecting a directory and extracting files into the selected directory.
- Click Browse> select save directory> OK
- Open the folder and select to extract the temporary files that are A.
- Open A folder with Command Prompt by clicking on the address bar of A folder> type cmd> Enter
- At the command prompt, enter the EdgeChromium_Blocker.cmd command> press Enter
This runs the script and shows you flag options to allow or block automatic distribution of Edge Chromium through Windows updates
- To block settings on Edge Chromium, enter the command below and press Enter
- If you change your mind and want to use the Edge Chromium browser, you can allow installation by running commands