AirTag, a compact navigation device, with many useful features makes it easy to track and find important items if accidentally lost.
Lost mode on AirTag is one of the most important features, so you can easily leave contact information for anyone accidentally picked up, increasing your chances of finding and reducing your search time.
This article guides you through each action to perform loss mode activation. As well as how to display information about people who lost AirTag if you accidentally picked up an item with this locator attached.
Activate loss mode
- You access the Find application on the main interface of the iPhone.
- At this point, you switch to the widgets tab
- You choose to enter the AirTag you want to enable this function and select Enable in the Lost Mode section.
- Information about this mode will be displayed, choose Continue
- Next, enter the Phone Number you want to leave for the person who picked up the AirTag to contact you and select Next in the upper right corner of the screen.
Finally, check all your information and select Activate in the upper right corner of the screen to turn it on
Display AirTag information
If you accidentally picked up an item with an AirTag attached and you want to find out contact information for the owner to return it, you can follow the steps below.
- You need a Smartphone that supports NFC
- Activate the NFC feature on your device
Place the AirTag over the NFC-connected location of your mobile device.
Right now, your phone will automatically access the browser and open up a website containing contact information and message of the owner has set up.
You can now use this information to contact and return the item to the owner
These are easy movements with the intention to allow loss mode on AirTag in addition to use NFC-enabled gadgets to show facts of AirTag proprietors whilst accidentally picked up.