If you’ve got updated the version of Windows 10 1909 (19H2), you most likely noticed that the hard drive is taking on more room. You lose concerning 8 GB to 12 GB of disk drive area. If you are on Windows 10 version 1809 or 1803 then update to version 1903 or 1909, use this technique to induce back the lost 8 – 12GB. For recent versions, this technique are often accustomed clean junk folders, junk files that abate the Windows system, and can be optimized from 3 GB to 5 GB.
USING SENSE STORAGE IN SETTINGS
Delete the old Windows version
- Go to Settings (Windows + I)> System> Storage. Click on Configure Storage Sense or run it now
- Down to Free up space now, free up space immediately. This is a feature that allows you to immediately free up space. If you have too little disk space.
- You can click the Clean Now button to have Windows do the cleaning too. It takes a few minutes for Windows to calculate the data to be deleted. And the hard drive will increase the amount of free space
Note: Check the box Delete previous version of Windows
Completely delete junk files in the system
Storage sense also allows you to completely delete junk files in the system with Temporary files
- Go to Settings (Windows + I)> System> Storage
- Click Temporary files
- Check all the items, then click Remove files.
with only two simple steps, you can get back a lot of lost space.