Setup Hass’s basic information in the Configuration.yaml file. These are the basic parameters that Hass can rely on to adapt to your own system.
By default Hass will automatically locate you based on IP. Hass will automatically set up for you things like temperature unit, time zone … However, I think you should set it yourself correctly.
Open up Configuration.yaml and see the class at the top of the file. Below this layer , there is a lot of information for you to set up.
homeassistant: latitude: 32.87336 longitude: 117.22743 elevation: 430 unit_system: metric time_zone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh name: Home whitelist_external_dirs: - /tmp
The meaning of the above parameters is as follows:
- Section latitude: is the latitude of your home. HASS uses this information to calculate the sunrise and sunset times that will be shown in the sensor.sun (the default is available in Hass, that sun-shaped
- Similarly, longitude: is the longitude of your home. These parameters are easy to find on google maps then locate your home is okay, now most phones have GPS but not you.
- elevation: is the altitude above sea level
- unit_system: is the unit system used. We are in Vietnam using the metric
- time_zone: you can see more area codes here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones
- name: is the name of your home, this information will appear in this position
whitelist_external_dirs: is a list of folders granted by HASS to access