To change the colour of iMessage bubbles in iOS / iPadOS, you wish to transfer a third-party application from the Apple App Store. This app is named “Color Text Bubbles on iMessage”, and permits you to customise iMessage bubble color, font size and font vogue in messages.
The app has both free and paid versions through in-app purchases. The free version allows for basic customization of bubble colors and ads, while the paid version allows for complete customization of iMessage messages.
- Open the app page on the App Store and download Color Text Bubbles on iMessage.
- Click Get and enter your Apple ID or password if prompted to verify
- Once the app has been successfully installed, open the Messages app on your device. Compose a new iMessage by clicking the Compose button in the upper right corner.
- After opening, click on Apps icon. Scroll to the right in the menu above the keyboard and select “Color”.
- Select “Type Custom Message” and enter the message into the bubble. (you may choose to send one of the default sample messages directly)
- From the color bubble (highlighted below), choose from a range of colors to send your message.
- When typing, tap Send. An ad will appear and you will have to wait 5 seconds before ignoring it by clicking “Later”.
- Once completed, you will be able to send your iMessage as a color message.
Upgrade to the paid version of the application provides many features, such as unlimited colors, custom font size, font style.
The paid version of Color Text Bubbles costs $ 4.99 and is a worthwhile investment, if you want to add some flavor to your message.
In contrast, the free version only allows you to change colors (to a limited extent) and add a few stickers (included by default).