Apple has released the official iPadOS / iOS 13.1 update to all users sooner than expected on September 30. You can perform the upgrade through OTA if you are using supported devices.
iPadOS is a new operating system developed by Apple exclusively for iPad, using the core of iOS 13 but adding many support features, and the better interface for the big screen.
What’s new in iOS 13.1?
iOS 13.1 comes with bug fixes and system improvements, including AirDrop with Super Broadband technology on iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max, automation items suggested in the Shortcuts app. and the ability to share ETA in Maps
- Backup data to iCloud or create a Backup on your computer with iTunes or 3uTools
- Make sure there is enough free space for the update
- Charge the battery above 50%
- Ensure stable internet connection via WiFi
- Check the security lock status of the iCloud account
UPDATE IPADOS / IOS 13.1 THROUGH OTA
- To update the new iPadOS / iOS 13.1 to those who are on the old iOS:
- Go to Settings – General settings – Software update
- For those who are in beta and want to get it official:
- Go to Settings – General settings – pull down select Configuration – Clear current bete configuration – Re-enter Software Update
Or you can also use the firmware to upgrade using iTunes / 3uTools
List of devices that support iPadOS / iOS 13:
- iOS 13: iPhone 11 Pro Max / iPhone 11 Pro / iPhone 11 / iPhone XS / iPhone XS Max / iPhone XR / iPhone X / iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 Plus / iPhone 7 / iPhone 7 Plus / iPhone 6s / iPhone 6s Plus / iPhone SE / iPod touch (7th generation)
- iPadOS: 12.9-inch iPad Pro / 11-inch iPad Pro / 10.5-inch iPad Pro / 9.7-inch iPad Pro / iPad (6th generation) / iPad (5th generation) / iPad mini (5th generation) / iPad mini 4 / iPad Air (3rd generation) / iPad Air 2
iOS 13.1 has a new AirDrop interface for iPhone 11/11 Pro / 11 Pro Max
How to fix the error does not work on iOS 13.1
many of you get errors that can’t update, but the error message is very general: “An error occurred while downloading iOS 13.1”
- Plug your phone into the computer with a USB cable
- Open iTunes
- Click the Check for Software Update button to install the update from the computer